Supporting our vision for a neighbourhood where people not only reside but where they thrive, the Spring Creek Property Owners’ Association (SCPOA) provides the thread that connects family, friends, neighbours and community.
The SCPOA is a natural offshoot of Spring Creek’s founding principles: the ‘Five Cs’. This includes a Community full of fun and ease, a Connection where residents feel part of something bigger, a Character that’s energetic and authentic, a strong Commitment to quality and integrity, and showing that we Care that your ownership experience goes far beyond your expectations.
As our neighbourhood grows, new events have been added and the participation of homeowners has increased. All year round, Spring Creek’s spirit of adventure and sense of fun are in full swing, thanks to the SCPOA.
Building on the Past
- With the addition of White Spruce Lodge, Spring Creek will add 50 more homes by the end of 2020
- Past activities were held only 1-2 times a year; today the SCPOA hosts 1-2 events per month
- In its third year, out own Opera House now books up to 6-12 months in advance
- The popular SCPOA group hikes and snowshoe outings continue to grow in size with plans for more outdoor pursuits including cross country skiing, downhill skiing and road biking
2019: A Year to Remember
- Highest-ever attendance at the SCPOA AGM with 125 people
- New SCPOA subcommittees grow social opportunities: Volunteer, Outdoor Pursuits, Socials, Events & Activities, and Ambassadors
- Outdoor activities attract 20-25 people per event with 2019 hikes to Cold War Bunker Cave, Castle Lookout and Stoney Squaw, and snowshoeing at James Walker Creek and Chickadee Valley
- Homeowners planted and beautified the flower bed near the Opera House
- New events included Rib Cookoff, Try Biathalon, WildSmart bear awareness, financial information sessions and a holiday potluck party
The Future Looks Bright
- The homeowners’ survey said: give us more music events, potlucks, campfires, brewery tours and wine & dinner events
- Investigating using Origin’s 14-passenger van for Banff bowling or Flames hockey in Calgary
- Working with the Malcolm Hotel and Spring Creek businesses to create new events
As we say here, “Spring Creek isn’t just the heart of Canmore, it’s the heart of all the action!” In the years to come, that’s the goal!