Welcome to the Spring Creek Community Fire Pit
When used safely and properly fire pits can provide many seasons of enjoyment. Please follow the steps and regulations as outlined below. The community fire pit is for everyone’s enjoyment. Please respect the premise.
To utilize the community fire pit, please complete the following steps:
- The fire pit is available on a first come, first serve basis and is available for public use.
- Please contact the Spring Creek Vacations office at (403) 678-5108 for rental cost.
- The fire pit waiver must be completed at Spring Creek Vacations Office (375 Spring Creek Drive).
- A valid credit card is required at the time of booking.
- A key will be issued by Spring Creek Vacations once the fire pit waiver completed.
- Wood can be purchased from the RV Admin office (1 Spring Creek Gate) during business hours. The cost is $10.50 per bundle.
Fire pit use & regulations:
- Fully supervised at all times by at least one person 18 years of age or older.
- Fire may be started beginning at 10:00am and fully extinguished by 10:00 pm.
- Maximum of 4 hour bookings.
- Use the key to unlock the padlock on the fire grate.
- Consider wind conditions and take precautions to prevent smoke from disturbing the adjacent residents.
- Only clean/dry firewood is permitted to be burned in the fire pits. Do not burn wet, treated/painted wood, garbage, rubber, plastic, leaves or yard waste. Wood & branches from the surrounding area should not be used for firewood.
- When you are done, use the metal bucket and water from Policeman’s Creek to extinguish the fire completely. The ashes are required to be cold prior to leaving the fire.
- Put the metal bucket inside the grate, close the grate and lock the padlock. Turn the padlock upside down to lock.
- Return the key promptly to the SCV office during business hours or drop it in the mail slot of the SCV office door after-hours.
- Noise – please keep noise to a minimum as Spring Creek is a residential neighbourhood. As per the Town of Canmore Noise Bylaw: Quiet hours between 10:00 pm and 7:00 am.
- The park, and fire pit and picnic areas are closed between 10:00 pm and 7:00 am.
- The bridge, park and fire pit area are monitored by security cameras.
Fines: Spring Creek Property Owners’ Association will charge up to $500 on the credit card provided for violation of use and regulations. The Town of Canmore can impose fines for violations of these regulations range between $250 and $2000.